Sunday, September 11, 2016

Copenhagen, Denmark


Saturday was an all day stop in Copenhagen.  The ship exchanged over 2000 previous passengers for new ones…  It was so nice not to have to do the muster drill with them…lol! 
Brian and I ate a leisurely breakfast and then caught the hop on/hop off bus just off the ship…  it was about a 15 minute ride into the city and we rode the bus about halfway around.  We got off in the city center and it was a GORGEOUS day: sunny, warm and lovely blue skies.  Pokémon were everywhere and so were the Danish kids out walking around trying to catch them.  I also caught a bunch, but nothing new, however I did manage to level up to 15. 
                 Catching Pokemon with Danish friends
B and I were married here in Copenhagen 44 years ago, so it was sort of a anniversary reunion with the city… 
                                       City Center 
Scandinavia is very expensive so we just meandered about the city for a bit.  B found a grocery store and I waited on a bench while he shopped.  I had just about given him up for lost, when he found me and we returned to the hop-on bus. 
Back aboard the ship I played another trivia and then we went to dinner.  The maître ‘d  changed our table to a round one but the new folks are 3 singles and sort of boring…  Our waiters at the last table were terrific – the new ones so far, not so good…  We’ll give it a couple of days…

Kristiansand, Norway

I took a city tour on a segway today.  B declined to participate, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I will tell you all about it next blog…

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary BnG! 44 years is commendable - bravo! Better luck with your trivia team.

    ReplyDelete